Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Music = Life

You know I've always wanted to be a singer. Ever since I was a little girl. I've always loved the stage. I'm at home up there, the longer I'm standing in front of the crowd the better. That's my moment to shine and I love it.

I've only acted in front of people, never sang. I know I'm not very gifted in that area so I've always shied away from it. I guess too if you're acting you're not yourself. You're someone else, you're hiding behind this mask so no one can really judge you. You're getting this chance to pretend you're someone else and sharing their story. It's fun. I love it.

With singing, there's no more mask. Instead of telling someone else's story, you're telling your own. You're standing up there exposing yourself and letting out every ounce of your emotions and heart to these people standing in the crowd. Music moves me. It's there for me when I have no one else. It's helped me tremendously. I swear, I don't know where I'd be without it. I used to be afraid to share my story in front of people. I didn't want them to know what my heart was singing, but now I'm not so afraid.

I want to share my story. I want people to hear my songs and be able to relate to them. I want my lyrics to reach someone and help them like so many bands have done for me. I can't live without music. It's my passion, it's the one thing I love more than anything. It's the one thing that's never let me down. It's never failed to bring me happiness. It's always let me shed my tears without judgement or comments. It's something I'll always love. I know God didn't gift me with a beautiful singing voice. I know I'm no good but sometimes I still want to live that dream. I want to be a singer. I want to share my music.

I know it sounds stupid. I don't care. I don't want to be famous. Just famous enough where I can have a comfortable living, people buying my songs, and being able to do concerts. I don't want the big mansion or anything in Beverly Hills. I just want to share my music for a living. I wish so badly I could sing. If I could have one wish, that'd be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment