Monday, September 26, 2011

March On

I guess I always saw life differently than everyone else. I wanted to see it differently than everyone else. I guess I wanted live in a happy, perfect world with unicorns, rainbows and fluffly clouds. I always wanted to have a good, happy life with no worries and no pain.

Now I see that’s entirely impossible. Life isn’t a happy unicorn filled world. When good things happen other things come along and turn everything into a nightmare that you can’t wake up from. Sure you can keep going or you could just ignore but it always haunts you until you’re sick to your stomach.

I wish I could tell you why things like that must happen. I wish I knew myself but maybe we’re not supposed to know. I like to look on the brightside of things, I like to find ways to make everything okay so I can avoid conflict and keep living in my happy little utopia in the sky but that’s not going to happen. Sometimes life just sucks and there’s absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Instead of running you have to march. Yeah it’s hard and not all that much fun but you have to keep marching and marching and over time you get stronger. I wish you didn’t have too though. I wish you could just run and play and be happy but you can’t sometimes. I guess it’s all part of growing up. Those happy days of no worries are behind us now but even as I’m writing this in a pessimistic mood I realize that not everything has to suck. If you keep marching you’re bound to run into something good along the way and it makes you the person you’re supposed to be.

Maybe life isn’t perfect, maybe it’s not supposed to be, but you have to keep moving or it isn’t worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment