Tuesday, October 4, 2011

There's Something Good in Everyday

Tonight I began thinking about life again after reading for one of my classes. I know that I'm not a perfect person. I have my flaws, I worry too much, laugh at bad timings, day dream way too much, and I make a fool out of myself. Usually I would think of everything wrong about myself and then get angry about it but tonight I saw it in a different way. Yes, I'm a human, I have flaws, but that's okay. Everyone has flaws if we didn't then we wouldn't be unique.

I also began to realize that we aren't the only ones with flaws. Every day comes with it's own set of flaws but that doesn't make it horrible. Take today for example. I had an awful morning, I lost my phone because it slipped out of my purse and was somewhere in my car, I got to class a little late because I couldn't find a parking spot, I tripped on a stick walking to class and stabbed the top of my foot, and I had some stupid worries on my mind. I walked into my first class just knowing today would be a bad day and I wasn't going to let anything change my mind about it.

Then my next class was great and so was the class after that. By the end of the day I was in a great mood and even though I still had some worries in the back of my mind I didn't let them bother me. I just enjoyed those moments of happiness. If my morning hadn't been horrible, I probably wouldn't have even noticed how nice the rest of the day was.

Then I realized that some days aren't going to go your way. Luck isn't always on your side and not every minute will be filled with unicorns and fluffy clouds, but that's okay. I have a quote of my wall that says, "Everyday might not be good, but there is something good in everyday." Your life can't be awful forever and bad luck won't follow you around until you die. Sure there are going to be flawed days full of bad incidents but that doesn't mean good ones are impossible. Some days will rain and throw thunder and lightning at you but there's always a rainbow afterwards. I want to remind myself that when I feel lost. Just to know that no matter how bad it gets, there's always that rainbow to look forward too.

I remember when I was younger I used to have Charlie Brown on DVD. One episode he had a horrible day and everyone seemed to hate him. He was just lying in bed being depressed not wanting to show his face again when his friend Linus came in and basically told him to buck up. Before he left he told Charlie, "the world didn't end did it?" Even though I watched this years ago that line has always stayed in my head. The world didn't end. It kept going and I hear him saying that every time I feel like my life hates me.

There's no such thing as a loser. In the end you'll win and the world won't end because you had one bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment