Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I'm still the same, not much has changed, I still know where I came from

Lately I've noticed my mind wandering back to the past. I get on Facebook and I see updates from old friends I don't even talk to anymore and I see how different they are. They aren't the same people I shared a class with or saw walking down the hallways. They've all grown up and are just becoming who they're supposed to be and doing what makes them happy and what's right for them. It makes me wonder if people think the same of me.

I know that I'm definitely not the same person I used to be. Sure, some things are the same. I'm still that goody little two-shoes who's shy, can be socially awkward, klutzy, and has her head in the clouds over half the time, but I feel that I've done my fair share of growing up. I've seen friends come and go, I've had my heart broken, I've had some amazing days where I didn't think life could get any better and I've had days where I thought the world would end.

I remember that if something bad happened I'd make myself sit there and be upset and angry until something really good happened that made up for it. Now I just keep moving along because I realized that all those minor problems in high school weren't even a big deal.

I also noticed myself changing. Not drastically but the kind of changing everyone goes through. Just the "becoming who you are" changing that I honestly don't think ever stops.I used to not like myself at all. I was constantly wishing I could be a different person but back then I was an immature, spoiled brat. I would also look at TV and the people around me and wish I looked like those movie stars and I'd beat myself up over it. These days I actually really like myself. Sure I have flaws but people are flawed. I also like the way I look. I mean I might not look like Megan Fox but I don't want to look like her. I'm happy with being just the way I am.

I guess everyone discovers that they're not so bad after all at some point. I just feel that some people take years to figure that out and I'm thankful I've reached that point already. As life goes on people around you change while you change and all you can do is always stay true to yourself. Become who you are and don't let people tell you how you should act or dress. As long as you like yourself and you're happy with your life everyone else can just deal with it. Besides your the one who has to live yourself until you die, not everyone else.

So enjoy life, be nice yourself, and as you change don't forget who you are and make sure it's always for the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment